iOS 4.3 beta 2 is been out for a while now and Jailbreakers are already trying to Jailbreak it. We had some success recently but the procedure was too complicated and it required some careful detailing and attention. djayb6 is the guy behind the bundles and the recent iOS 4.3 beta 1 jailbreak for iPhone 4 and iPad and he’s been trying to create a solution or an easy way out.
He just updated the Ramdisk Fixer and it can now support iOS 4.3 beta 2. I am sure he’s waiting for iOS 4.3 beta 3 to pawn it. This tool does not require any coding on your end and it just finds the installed PwnageTool on your MAC and do its magic. So, here we go…
Before we start here is a few things you should know:
- This is still the beta version and you can revert back to your current version ONLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR SHSH saved.
- It’s a Tethered Jailbreak solution, meaning you have to either user tetherboot or use iBooty to turn your device on.
Things you need:
- You need to have a developers account to download the iOS 4.3beta2 .ipsw file.
- You need PwnageTool 4.1.2.
- You need iPhone Bundle files. (Mirror)
- You need ramdisk.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 beta 2 on iPhone 4
[ Step 1 ]
Download and Install PwnageTool 4.1.2. You have to install this first to make Ramdisk fix work.
[ Step 2 ]
Once you have PwnageTool Installed, Download ramdisk and double click it to unzip and run the RamDiskMaker.pkg file. Continue with the instructions until it patches the PwnageTool.
Note: PwnageTool must be installed in Applications folder to make this work, Just drag the PwnageTool file and drop it on the Applications on the left hand side of your Finder Panel. (read the warning)
[ Step 3 ]
Move the bundle files you downloaded above and place them in the iOS 4.3 beta 2 file. Here is how you can do that…
- Right click on the PwnageTool you downloaded earlier and choose “Show Package Content”
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste iPhone3, 1_4.3_8F5148b.bundle (the iPhone bundle file mentioned above)
- Close the above file when done
[ Step 4 ]
Rest is pretty much easy and simple. PwnageTool is ready with the Ramdisk fix so you just have to give it the iOS 4.3 beta 2 file and wait for PwnageTool to create the custom firmware file.
[ Step 5 ]
Once you have the custom firmware head over to iTunes, Connect your iPhone. Now press and hold left “alt” (option) button and click on the “Restore” button. Give it the iOS 4.3 Beta 2 custom firmware file you just created and just let it do the magic. Once the installation is done enjoy the Jailbreak iOS 4.3 Beta 2 running on iPhone 4.
Let me know if you need any help in this, this is the simplest, easiest way to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 beta 2. Good Luck!